Skip to main content
Before you Google your topic...
- Google is not all bad, but there is an abundance of invalid information that a general search will return. When in doubt, ask your instructor or a librarian for assistance in locating sources. If you must use Google, then use Google Scholar (see Databases).
To get started, you can:
- Define Your Topic
- Find Background Information
- Identify Key Words & Terms
- Seek items in the Reference collection (online & print) - particularly subject encyclopedias - are great starting points offering overviews and summaries and other resources.
- Use the CRAAP Test to help you evaluate the information you find on the Internet (from California State University - Chino).